Thousands to participate in national garage sale for shelter in support of abused women and children
On Saturday, May 12th 2012, Royal LePage Coronation West and Royal LePage offices across Canada will be transformed into an oasis for bargain hunters as we join together to host the 4th Annual National Garage Sale for Shelter in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation.
This annual event brings local residents together with Royal LePage Realtors® to raise much-needed funds and awareness to help break the cycle of family violence. One hundred percent of all funds raised at the Coquitlam garage sale goes to support Tri-City’s local women’s shelter, Tri-City Transitions and fund long-term solutions to end family violence.
Royal LePage Coronation West is taking part in this national event because…
• Half of all women in Canada have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16.
• On average, every six days a woman in Canada is killed by her intimate partner.
• 360,000 children are exposed to domestic violence each year.
Here are the event details:
• When: Saturday, May 12th, 2012
• Where: Mundy Road Elementary School 2200 Austin Avenue, Coquitlam
• Why: To support the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation, Canada’s largest public foundation dedicated exclusively to supporting women’s shelters and ending violence against women and children
• Who: Local Royal LePage Agents, Coquitlam Mayor Richard Stewart & Council Members
Since 2009, the Royal LePage National Garage Sale for Shelter has raised more than $4 million one quarter and loonie at a time. The community is encouraged to take part by helping us spread the word, and joining us on May 12. With the support of local residents and the generous sponsorship of TD Canada Trust Mobile Mortgage Specialists, Atlas Van Lines Canada and Advance Commission Company of Canada, this year we’ll raise more money than ever before to help 30,000 women and children across Canada.
For further information please contact:
Angela Reeves – Coordinator